Wednesday 22 July 2015

Dealing with the long distance

Long distance Friendships

The topic that I would love to talk to you about today is long distance friendships, the story of my long distance friendship and how I cope with the distance between me and my best friend.

I've never really spoken about long distance to an audience before but I will try my best to explain long distance and what emotions you may feel when you are in a long distance friendship or relationship.

Firstly, I would like to introduce my best friend Shaima. I met her online on the 4th of May 2013 and we spoke on that same day. The day that I met her was the best day of my life. I honestly couldn't ask for a any better best friend than her. She's so kind hearted, lovely and sweet. She has such a beautiful personality and she has a heart of pure gold. She is always there for me when I need her the most and she has stood right by my side through the tough times in my life. She always helps and supports me through everything and I will always do the same for her.

I'm so thankful to have such an amazing best friend. I'm so lucky to have her in my life as well as having her as my best friend.

What is long distance?

The way that I define long distance as is the distance between two places or two people.

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder."

The story of our long distance

 
Shaima and I met on the 4th of May 2013 on a social networking site. We spoke about topic that was very close to our hearts and we became best friends on that same day. My first impression of Shaima was that she seems so lovely and kind and I wasn't wrong with that impression. She was the sweetest person I spoke to. From that day, we spoke a few days here and there when we weren't busy. When It came to the summer of 2013, we spoke all day everyday. It was one of the best experiences of my life.
 
Talking to Shaima is still the best experience of my life and I couldn't ask for a any better best friend than her. She has been there for me since day 1 and has stood right by my side every step of the way, no matter how far away she is from me. When I'm down, I can talk to her about how I am feeling and she will make me happy and smile. She is the only person in my life that can make me smile when I'm feeling low. She knows exactly how to make me feel better about myself.
 
Sometimes in long distance friendships it can be hard because all you want to do is see each other especially when one is upset. You wish you could see them to hug them and tell them that everything is going to be alright. You also want to make them feel better by going to see them but also comforting them. The last thing you would want to do is tell them that they aren't walking alone as you are with them every step of the way but unfortunately you can't do some of those things especially if you live thousands of miles away from each other. You can tell them that everything is going to be alright and help them through that tough time over social networking sites though.  

 

What emotions do you feel?

When you are in a long distance friendship like mine and Shaima's friendship. You can feel many different emotions. Here are feelings that I experience:
 
  •  Fear - I have a fear that my best friend may leave me for a better best friend who is closer to her even though that she has said that she would never leave me for a better best friend that is closer to her.
  • Excitement - I get excited easily when I talk to my best friend.
  • Happiness - To know that she is happy and smiling makes me happy and smiling.
  • Low - When I miss her, I feel low because I want to talk to her and see her.
  • Upset - When she is feeling upset, I get upset because her happiness and smile means the world to me.
  • Joy and blessing - To have such a amazing best friend like Shaima.

How do I cope with the long distance?


 
I understand that coping with long distance can be hard however there are many different ways that I cope with the distance between me and my best friend.
 
One way that I cope with the distance is communicating with my best friend. The bond between you will not break if you communicate with each other. Communication is a must when you are in a long distance friendship or relationship.
 
Another way that I cope with the distance is by writing letters explaining to my best friend how I feel and saying how much I love and care about her. By writing letters, you can express your feelings and emotions about how you feel about the friendship, how you appreciate them standing by your side even when you are thousands of miles apart from each other.  
 
I always make time to speak to my best friend every day. It doesn't matter what time it is, I will stay up to talk to her unless I fall asleep whilst I am talking to her which most the time I do fall asleep on her when we are talking late at night.
 
Those are just some ways that I cope with the distance between me and my best friend. You can use them ways if you are in a long distance friendship and even a long distance relationship.
 
I hope that you enjoy reading this post and don't forget to comment on it!
 
 



2 comments:

  1. That's the most wonderful blog post I have ever read in my entire life! You mean everything to me Natasha! I can't even imagine myself without you! Thanks for everything you have done just to make me happy and smiling! I don't know what I should do just to be like you and treat you just like you treat me! I just want to say that I love you and no one can ever get us apart! :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading this blog! I can't wait to collaborate with you on your blog Shaima! You mean everything to me too! Without you, I'm nothing because you complete me and my life! I will always do anything to make you happy and smiling because your happiness and smile means the world to me, just like you do! You don't have to do anything to treat me the way I treat you because you treat me well. I love you too and I will never let the distance or anyone come between us :* <3

    ReplyDelete